9.30.2013

guest post // hiking tips from marie.

i couldn't let fall go by without having at least ONE guest post! remember marie? i've known for a while that i've wanted to scour this girl's hiking brain for tips. sadly, i didn't hike much this summer, but i'm making up for it by hitting the mountain side this fall. what a better way to kick it off than to have marie share her hiking packing list with us:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Happy Fall! Can you believe this gorgeous 60’s-San-Francisco-like weather? I have welcomed the best hiking season with open arms.

I’m back again (hi Courtney and friends) and I’m about to go on a rant about hiking (again). I've been back in Utah for a little over a year now and I’m sad that I won’t be here for eternity!!


I can’t believe how much beauty surrounds us Utahans every day. Every morning I get to look out my window and see the epic Wasatch Range hovering over our beautiful city. (sigh) Salt Lake City is not for the faint of heart!



So first off, last year I purchased the book “60 hikes within 60 miles” by Greg Witt. Run to the bookstore and get yourself a copy!

Or call me and we can go on all 60 hikes together.

I have to share with you the number 1 rule for hiking. BE FREAKING PREPARED! If you saw me on the trail you would think I was going on a 10 day backpacking trip with a scout troop. Yes, I look like a fool, but I don’t care! (*cue music*- I love it, by Icona Pop)

It is better than being lost: in moose/bear country, after sun down, with no flashlight, having 4 more miles until the trail head and being separated from your friends…(this might be a personal experience) Never be that, previously mentioned, idiot!

Here is my hiking-packing list, no matter how short/long the trip is:

-Bring a friend
-Water
-lots of snacks
-water proof jacket
-good shoes
-wool socks
-long pants
-Map
-First aid kit.
-Flashlight
-and of course a camera, for documentation (you haven’t really gone on a hike, until it’s been instagrammed)

Hope to see you on the trail this weekend,
NOW go and conquer those beautiful mountains!

**see more from marie by clicking here >>> fresh open air

No comments: