9.18.2012

the best chocolate chip cookie.

melanie, over at you are my fave, is on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookie. i thought i'd add my two cents:

many a day of my childhood were spent munching on graham crackers with homemade chocolate frosting or dipped in milk, fruit snacks, or granola bars; but it was always a special treat when my aunt linda would whip up her famous chocolate chip cookies for us. i've been making them pretty regularly since high school. they are are the cookie of my eye and are, in my opinion, the very best chocolate chip cookie.

ultimate chocolate chip cookies

3/4 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanillla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups (maybe even a little bit more) BIG guittard milk chocolate chips

beat shortening, sugar, milk, and vanilla until creamy. add egg and beat well. stir dry ingredients together separately. gradually add to sugar mixture. dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl; if not, add more flour. stir in chocolate chips. bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. cool on a sheet of foil.

mmm.
enjoy!

2 comments:

brittney said...

Chris made my MY favorite chocolate chip cookie last night. giant oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

which reminds me: are you on instagram?

courtney wightman said...

i AM on instagram. consider yourself followed (in the least creepy way).