10.04.2011

here's some cheer for you.


{image.}
i've been re-listening to conference via this while i sit at my wonderful, happy, desk at my blessing of a job {i'm applying the teachings i learned two weekends ago and being happy with the mundane}. it's great. give it a try if you are ever forced to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

i feel quite productive.
and quite spiritual.

which is why i am sharing the following song with you. i think it explains, as perfect as mere words are able, the tender mercy of forgiveness, the gift of the atonement, and the joy of the gospel.


savior, redeemer of my soul,
whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
whose wondrous pow’r hath raised me up
and filled with sweet my bitter cup!
what tongue my gratitude can tell,
o gracious god of israel.

never can i repay thee, lord,
but i can love thee. thy pure word,
hath it not been my one delight,
my joy by day, my dream by night?
then let my lips proclaim it still,
and all my life reflect thy will.

o’errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
change frowning foes to smiling friends.
chasten my soul till I shall be
in perfect harmony with thee.
make me more worthy of thy love,
and fit me for the life above.

orson f. whitney, 1855–1931

1 comment:

breanne said...

I love this song! It has been my favorite song for years now. And I actually sang it at the MTC while I was there, in a RS meeting when--guess who?--you former mission president's wife (Sister Matsumori) came to speak! Crazy.